Our Online Courses will guide you through designing and building a sustainable home you'll love.
Avoid the inevitable frustration, overwhelm, and costly mistakes.
Are you Wondering Where to Start?
It's a monumental task to plan, layout, and build a home that meets your personal, financial, and environmental goals.
Sometimes the most difficult part is taking the first step...
But, what is that first step?
Are You Worried About...
- the 100's of decisions required to design and build your home?
- making costly mistakes
- which sustainable features to incorporate into your home?
- hiring an architect or contractor who doesn't understand passive solar heating and cooling, greywater, and solar power?
- the cost of building a sustainable home?
- permitting your sustainable home?
You Deserve Someone in Your Corner
You don't have to feel lost, confused, or overwhelmed...
... Sustainable Home Resource is here to help.
I understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can feel to design and build a sustainable home - I've been there.
I understand the potential pitfalls that can lie on your path(because I’ve fallen into them). I'll show you how to avoid them, how to save time, and how to avoid expensive mistakes.
I'll share my experience from decades of design, engineering, building, and living in my self-sustaining home to guide you through creating a clear plan on paper for your home.
As a structural engineer working in the residential building industry, I became concerned about the toxic and damaging affects of conventional buildings on our health and the planet.
So, in 2010, I moved back to my home town of Durango to build a self-sustaining home for my family.
Together with my two young sons, an open-minded builder, and a few helpers we built Twisted Oak - a home the heats and cools itself, generates its power, collects and heats its water, and manages waste in an environmentally responsible way.
Learn the Basic Principles of the Sustainable Features You Can Incorporate Into Your Home
Arm Yourself with Knowledge and Save Time Money & Frustration
- Learn simple and affordable sustainable features.
- Learn which features and building materials fit your goals, priorities, location, and budget.
- Find out how to incorporate them into your home's design.
- Save money on design services.
- Gain the confidence to hire and work with professionals.
Want to Build a Sustainable Home?
The Seven-Step Quick-Start Guide
Wondering where to start?
- Create a clear plan today.
- Avoid the typical mistakes that could cost you thousands of dollars.
- Eliminate frustrating delays during design and construction.
Download Our Free Guide