Welcome to Sustainable Home Resource
Your Resource for Off-Grid & Sustainable Living
The Home Base of Clarity Off-Grid YouTube Channel 🚐.
What are your goals?
- A more self-reliant lifestyle?
- A home that will remain safe and comfortable - even without power?
- A reliable source of clean water?
- An independent energy source?
- Growing your own food?
If you said "yes" to any of these, you've come to the right place.
We can help.
How do you heat and cool a home without power?
Heating and cooling without a mechanical system is easier than you may imagine.
- Incorporate Passive Solar Design by using the power of the sun and how it interacts with your home.
- Build with materials that store and regulate heat.
- Create a building envelope with non-toxic materials that will keep either the warmth or the coolness inside.
- Utilize the ambient temperature of the Earth to keep your home from ever freezing or overheating.
How do you secure a safe water source?
If you plan on collecting and storing water, your job will be much more manageable and affordable if you reduce your water usage and recycle the water you use.
- Adding a composting toilet will drastically reduce the water you'll need to save.
- Recycling water using a greywater garden will not only reduce water usage but will allow you to grow vegetables indoors and outdoors.
Are You Worried About Rising Electricity Costs and the Reliability of the Power Grid?
We find it's best to approach this from both ends of the issue.
- Eliminating the need for power to keep our home safe and comfortable.
- Reducing unnecessary appliances requiring power.
This will reduce the size and the expense of the solar, wind, or hydro system you will need to build in order to create an independent energy source.
Worried about food shortages and inflating food prices?
Although producing food was in our initial dream when we built our home, the many challenges from deer, moles, and the high-altitude climate deterred us for many years.
With recent events, growing at least some of our fresh food has become a priority.
We're new to this, but come along with us as we share what we're learning about organic, square-foot gardening both outdoors and in our indoor greywater garden.
(Check our YouTube channel for new videos as we take on and share our challenges with you.)
We're Matt & Kristina
We're a couple who balances an off-grid lifestyle and traveling near and far in our Off-Grid Ram Promaster van that Matt built out. We named our van Clarity because we find that living off-grid and connecting more with Nature brings our lives more clarity.
You can find our van life adventures and our off-grid living videos on our YouTube channel - Clarity Off-Grid. 🚐
Make sure you leave us a comment on one of our videos or send us an email with your questions or comments at:
Building Your Sustainable Home 101
Arm Yourself with Knowledge and Create a More Self-Reliant Life
- Learn simple and affordable sustainable features you may be able to incorporate into your existing home or learn what you want to include in a new home.
- Learn how to reduce or eliminate your reliance on the electrical grid.
- Learn how to collect and store a safe water supply.
- Learn how to recyle your household waste into a resource.
Wondering Where to Start?
Download: The Seven-Step Quick-Start Guide
Download Our Free Guide